Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Vintage Delight

There's a new sidebar feature on Sift & Scatter now, and I thought I'd take a moment to share. As I've mentioned, I do love to thrift, and sometimes I acquire things that aren't quite perfect for me, but that I know will be just right for somebody out there. This is essentially how my Etsy shop, Loved & Lovely came to be: I had an ever-expanding bag of items that had made the cut as awesome vintage finds, but for one reason or another, once they were home and I'd tried them on again, I realized they might be better suited to someone else. And thus, a shop was born.

Loved & Lovely is comprised mostly of 80's and 90's vintage clothing that I find at local thrift stores, with the occasional super retro 70's piece thrown into the mix. I know it may sound a little woo-woo, but for me, when it comes to choosing these items, it's a certain spirit or character that the sweater or jacket seems to possess--it holds what feels like a palpable history or story that makes the piece special.

As a rule, I also try to avoid purchasing anything that simply has too much wear or which seems shoddily made. Quality tends to endure, and I try to find items that have stood the test of time.

Here are a few of my favorite pieces, now available in my Etsy shop:

Fair Isle Sweater

Navy Polka Dot Dress

Blue Sweetheart Sweater
Items go up periodically, so I'm excited to have a little space here to showcase these vintage treasures. Also, not everything in the shop is blue, though I do gravitate to this color more than any other.

I like to plug Etsy as often as possible, particularly around the holidays, since there are also so many talented artists and artisans who feature beautiful handmade items. Perfect for the gift-giving season.

Merry Tuesday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment