Friday, December 12, 2014

Scatter: Inspiration


This sweet photo, "Orangutan in the Rain" is from a collection of the eighteen best entries to the Sony World Photography Awards. This is what photographer, Andrew Suryano, had to say about the moment:
“I was taking pictures of some Orangutans in Bali and then it started to rain. Just before I put my camera away, I saw this Orangutan took a banana leaf and put it on top on his head to protect himself from the rain! I immediately used my DSLR and telephoto lens to preserve this magic moment. Image location: Bali, Indonesia” 

Here are a couple more:

Times Are Hard for Dreamers
















“Woman suspended in a mass of feathers.” Photo by Ahmad Zikri Mohamad Zuki, Malaysia

 Holi
“Hindu devotees throw vivid color at each other to celebrate the start of spring during Lathmar Holi Festival. Hindu brahmans from the village of Nandgaon are covered in colored powder as they sit and sing on the floor during prayers.” Photo by Ioulia Chvetsova, France

See more here.

And, on a slightly different note, Girls Illustrated by Nina Cosford: Yes.









And because I can't stop looking at them, or dreaming about their little clay worlds, these amazing ceramic pieces from Etsy shops Coco & Pompon and Vesna Gusman ClayArt.

          This little guy is standing moute 399.

          Also, precious little Standing Moute 349

          And some of the sweetest little houses for our tiny ceramic friends:





Happy Friday everyone! I hope it's an inspired, restful weekend for you. I'm looking forward to a wintry walk outside, catching up with a dear friend, and working on a craft project for a special someone (updates coming soon). Stay warm, wherever you are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment